MFE OGI Camera
A lightweight, small, low-power optical gas imaging camera that is Quad-O compliant.
MFE OGI Detector
The MFE OGI camera brings together the very latest in detector, cooler and lens design for optimizing the visualization of methane, propane, butane, and many other hydrocarbon gas leaks.
Hand-held or Mountable to Boston Dynamics “Spot”
The MFE Optical Gas Imaging Camera is a multifunctional equipment solution that may be used as a handheld device or mounted onto Boston Dynamics’ Spot the agile, mobile robot. By pairing the MFE OGI camera with Spot, operators may rely on Spot’s unprecedented mobility to automate routine inspection tasks. Then, when further inspection is required, the MFE OGI camera can be removed from Spot and used as a hand-held device.
OGI Handle Design
The MFE OGI Camera includes a lightweight and ergonomic handle that offers several benefits to the operator. The handle provides a comfortable grip and improves the overall maneuverability of the device, allowing the operator to move and adjust the position of the camera easily.
SmallRig VB50 Battery
The SmallRig VB50 Battery is a compact, high capacity li-battery, light weight in design and approximately 30% smaller than traditional V-mount batteries, making them easy to carry around. Another convenient feature of the VB50 Battery is its practical OLED display. This display keeps track of the battery’s working status at all times, providing precise control and information for the user.
Resolution & Processing
The MFE OGI utilizes a new state-of-the-art 640 x 512, 15µm pixel pitch “Hot MWIT” detector array with a special narrow bandpass cold filter in a miniature, long life, closed cycle, sterling cooler with an f/1.5 cold shield and an optimized purpose-built lens to provide unmatched thermal sensitivity. The MFE OGI includes a built-in RGB Camera and a suite of advanced image processing functions, including automatic gain and dynamic contrast control, delivering visual acuity to operators for efficient leak detection and remediation.
Features & Specifications
Collapse MFE OGI
Focal Plane Array
- Resolution: 640 x 512
- Sensor: HOT MWIR
- Pitch: 15µm
- Wavelength: 3.2 – 3.42 µm
- Framerate: 30Hz
- Systems integrators
- Pipe racks
- Gathering and Transmission lines
- Above and below ground gas pipelines
- Fuel Gas Line
- Vent stacks
- Storage Tanks
- Acetic Acid
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK)
- Sulphur Doixide
- Vinyl Chloride and Xylene
Camera Optics, Size and Weight
- Focal Length: 25mm
- HFOV: 21.7°
- Weight: 2.2 lb
- Weight Full Setup (Camera, Handle, Phone Mount, Phone): 4.5lbs
- Dimensions: (LxWxH) (approx) 4.5″x5″x5.5″
- Digital Zoom: 4x
Camera With Handle
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 8 inches Long x 3 inches Wide x 9 inches Tall
- OGI Optimized Lens
- Non-Uniformity Correction (NUC) corrects variations in temperature intensity across the image for more high-quality thermal data.
- Automatic/Manual Gain Control
- Manual Brightness and Contrast Control
- Invert Image Polarity (White Hot, Black Hot, etc.)
- Adaptive Contrast Control (CLAHE)
- Local Area Processing (LAP)
- Temporal De-Noise
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Multiple color palettes / LUT
- 32GB of Onboard Video Sequence / Still Image Storage
- Includes integrated black body calibration flag to perform automatic and on-demand infield, Flat Field Correction (FFC), if needed.
- Operating Temperature Range: -35 to +65C
- Shock: Operating 15G / Non-operating: 40G
- Mounting: ¼-20 Tripod Mount, M4 Tapped Holes
- Certification: OOOOa Certified (<= 60 g/hr
- Power Consumption: 12VDC / 6W type (12W peak