Combined with the OmniScan PA flaw detector, the COBRA manual scanner is used to perform circumferential weld inspections on small-diameter pipes. The COBRA scanner can hold up to two PA probes for inspections on pipes with outside diameters ranging from 0.84″ – 4.5″
characterized by its smooth-rolling encoded movement, The Cobra Scanner enables pinpoint data acquisition. The scanner holds up to two phased array probes for complete inspection of the weld in one pass. For pipe-to-component inspections, the scanner can be configured to perform one-sided inspections using a single probe.
Low Profile Phased Array Probes
Low-profile phased array probes with optimized elevation focusing, Enhances the detection of small defects in thin-wall pipes. Specially designed low-profile wedges fitting each pipe diameter covered by the scanner are also available. The COBRA scanner ensures stable, constant, and strong pressure, thus providing good UT signals and precise encoding around the full circumference of the pipe.
- Covers standard pipes from 0.84 in. to 4.5 in. OD (21 mm to 114 mm).
- Operates within 12 mm (0.5 in.) clearance (on all standard pipes), permitting inspections in limited access areas.
- Holds up to two phased array probes for complete weld coverage in one pass.
- Easy installation and manipulation from one side of a row of pipes.
- Can be configured to perform one-sided inspections for pipe-to-component evaluations.
- The included mechanical setup templates eliminate the need for pipe samples when preparing the scanner for standard pipes.
- The design provides stable and constant pressure around the full circumference of the pipe.
- Urethane wheels provide smooth radial movement and limited axial drift.
- Encoder resolution of 32 steps/mm.
- Compact, lightweight, and portable.
- Wedges and probes can be changed quickly and easily.
- The distance between probes can be adjusted from 0 mm to 55 mm.
- The spring-loaded scanner can be used on ferromagnetic and nonferromagnetic pipes.
- Waterproof and rust free.