The Olympus 38DL Plus is a rugged and reliable solution for almost any
ultrasonic thickness application. New innovations make this handheld thickness gauge a powerful, but
easy-to-use instrument that meets the demanding challenges of your production needs.
Whether you work in hot or cold climates, wet or dusty conditions, the Olympus 38DL Plus is designed
to tolerate the shocks and drops during inspection. This ultrasonic thickness gauge is built tough,
with a sealed case and protective rubber boot to withstand the rigors faced in the field.
Versatility is built-in with the ability to make very precise measurements on a wide range of
surfaces, including very thick and multi-layer materials. The 38DL Plus can measure a variety of
applications, including pipes, tanks, pressure vessels, and other structures affected by corrosion
or erosion. The 38DL Plus ultrasonic thickness gauge is also compatible with a full line of
dual and single element transducers, even allowing accurate measurement of materials such as
plastics, composites, metals, glass and ceramics.
The Olympus 38DL Plus has a compact design that is lightweight, and also includes an ergonomic
keyboard, designed for either left or right hand operation. The color display is easily readable,
whether conditions are in bright sunlight or complete darkness. With a host of input and output
options, users can easily collect and transfer thickness readings and waveform data.
The included GageView application will help manage datasets easily while providing options for
editing data and creating reports. The Olympus 38DL Plus ultrasonic thickness gauge allows for
simple operation and is a choice option for a more accurate and efficient NDT inspection.
- Dual and single element transducer compatibility
- Wide thickness range: 0.08 mm (0.003 in.) to 635 mm (25 in.) depending on material and transducer selection
- Corrosion thickness gaging with dual element transducers
- HRU-COAT® and Echo-to-Echo measurements on painted and coated surfaces
- Internal Oxide/Scale software option
- Standard resolution of 0.01 mm or 0.001 in. for all transducers
- High-Resolution software
- option of 0.001 mm or 0.0001 in. with single element transducers 2.25 MHz to 30 MHz
- Multilayer software option for measurements of up to four layers simultaneously
- High Penetration software option for attenuating materials such as fiberglass, rubber and thick casting
- Thickness, Velocity, and time-of-flight measurements
- Differential mode and Reduction Rate mode
- Time-based B-scan mode; 10,000 reviewable readings per scan
- Olympus High Dynamic Gain technology with digital filters
- V-Path Builder for custom V-path compensation
- Designed for EN15317