Level I – Electrical Thermography
The Level I Electrical Thermography certification training course is designed for new infrared camera owners and practicing thermographers seeking specialized training on electrical thermographic inspections. The course will provide fundamental training on camera operation, heat transfer, and thermal science, along with application discussions and examples focused on inspecting commercial electrical systems. Attendees who complete all training course requirements will receive an ITC Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Training Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for electrical applications. No experience in thermography is necessary.
- Collect quality data and measure temperatures accurately by compensating for the effects of emissivity, reflected temperature, and other critical parameters.
- Interpret thermal images and make informed decisions by applying heat transfer and measurement concepts learned in class.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Discuss the use of infrared windows, their placement and installation, and how to properly compensate for transmission loss using the cameras and software.
- Review severity criteria used for electrical inspections.
- Review safety considerations when performing electrical inspections.
- Challenge yourself with lab exercises that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
- Discuss the application of thermal imaging for inspecting and diagnosing indoor and outdoor electrical equipment:
– Approaching a facility inspection; where to start and what to look for.
– Tools for data acquisition and structuring surveys.
– How to apply thermal imaging when inspecting switchgear, MCCs, breakers, transformers, bus ducts, conductors, cables, motors, bearings, solar panels, outdoor utilities, and other electrical equipment.
Required Course Materials:
- IR Camera- Students will be required to complete various labs & exercises throughout the duration of the course. You may also rent one. Learn more
- Laptop- Examinations will be administered electronically. Tablets are also acceptable.
- IR Reporting Software- Please have the software installed. The software can be used to assist with many of the camera lab exercises.
A registration fee of $2,200 USD includes course instruction, course materials, and certification. Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local ITC course agent.
Certification Courses are developed in accordance with CP-105 and SNT-TC-1A guidelines published by ASNT (American Society of Nondestructive Testing). ASNT is a globally recognized developer of qualification and certification standards for NDT personnel.
- Students who complete all training course requirements receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
- This course is eligible for 16 NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs)
Next Class Date:
Day 1: 8AM – 5PM
Day 2: 8AM – 5PM
Day 3: 8AM – 5PM
Day 4: 8AM – 5PM
Contact Us For More Information