The Fischer FMP 30 Feritscope uses magnetic induction to measure the ferrite content in both austenitic and duplex steel.
This NDT inspection tool offers a method of measuring the excess or deficit of metal ferrite content, which can lead to reductions in strength and flexibility. This is particularly important for the chemical and petrochemical industries where weld seams in pipes, containers and boilers need to maintain an optimum level of ferrite content after welding.
The FMP 30 Feritscope has user-friendly features such as a large display, automatic probe recognition, continuous measurement, and tolerance warnings. The rugged housing keeps the instrument safe in extreme conditions. Connect with a PC to transfer measurement data.
- Non-destructive measurement of the ferrite content in a range of 0.1 to 110 FN or 0.1 to 80% Fe in austenitic and duplex steel
- User-friendly instrument operation
- Robust Housing
- Large display rich in contrast with 240×160 pixels
- USB port for data transfer to PC or printer
- Mechanical sliders to cover keys not required for the measurement operation
- Ready to make measurements right after power-up
- Measurement automatic upon probe placement through external trigger via instrument button or PC
- Automatic probe recognition
- Audible signal at measurement acquisition
- Only one calibration required for the entire practically relevant measurement range from 0.1 to about 90 FN. Measurement accuracy according to ANSI/AWS A4.2M/A4.2:1997 standard
- Calibration with standards traceable to TWI secondary standards or with customer-specific standards
- Adjustable instrument switch-off for continuous operation
- Lockable keyboard/restricted operating mode. Audible and visual warning when tolerance limits are exceeded.
- Free-running display with additional presentation of the reading as an analog bar between the tolerance limits.
- Matrix measuring mode for connected multi-point measurements, e. g., in a pre-defined surface array
- Capability of averaging measurement data: Only the mean value of several readings will be stored
- Measurement acquisition through area measurement
- Possible: Only single readings until probe lift-off are captured and averaged
- Capability to measure continuously with the probe placed on the specimen
- Outlier rejection for the automatic elimination of erroneous measurements
- Overwriting of erroneous and already stored readings through overwriting
- Application linking mode: Ability for common normalization/calibration of applications
- Designations for applications through the optional PC program MP-Name
- Data transfer to a PC into an Excel spreadsheet with the optional PC program PC-Datex
- Data transfer to a PC into an Access database with the optional PC program PC-Datacc
- It can hold up to 20,000 readings and 100 applications for measurement data and application-specific calibrations
- Separation of the measurement data in up to 4000 blocks which are time and date stamped.
- Battery and line power operation (AC adapter optional accessory)