Level I – Fundamentals of Thermography Certification
Infrared Course Benefits
- Learn the core concepts of heat transfer and how it impacts both imaging and temperature measurement.
- Review thermography best practices including factors that impact measurement accuracy, the required conditions for a successful inspection, and important safety considerations.
- Analyze thermal images, prioritize anomalies, and create simple reports using the latest infrared inspection software.
- Discover how to take simple temperature measurements of targets by learning the fundamentals of emissivity and reflectivity.
- Learn the fundamentals of thermal imaging for reliability maintenance, building envelope analysis, and roof moisture applications. No previous experience necessary!
- Develop IR camera operation skills that are essential for collecting quality data with your thermal imager.
- Gain experience with hands-on exercises that build your foundational knowledge of camera operation while re-enforcing the concepts of heat transfer that are taught throughout the week.
Required Course Materials:
- IR Camera- Students will be required to complete various labs & exercises throughout the duration of the course.
- Laptop- Certification Examinations will be administered electronically. Tablets are also acceptable.
- IR Reporting Software- Please have the software installed prior to class. The software can be used to assist with many of the camera lab exercises.
- Accessories-Extra Batteries, charger cords, etc.
Please bring an IR camera to class if you have one. Cameras are not provided during the training course. If you do not have access to a camera you can rent one through MFE Inspection Solutions at a discounted rate.
A registration fee of $2,200 USD includes course instruction, course materials, breakfast, and lunch each day. Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local MFE Representative.
- No previous thermography experience or IR camera is required.
- Students who complete all training course requirements receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification and a wallet ID card.
- Level I learning objectives, contact hours, and written exams are based on requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
- ITC Certification is the gold standard qualification within the thermography industry and exceeds the requirements of international standards.
Next Class Date:
Day 1: 8AM – 5PM
Day 2: 8AM – 5PM
Day 3: 8AM – 5PM
Day 4: 8AM – 2PM
Contact Us For More Information