Level II – Electrical Thermography Course
The Level II Electrical Infrared Thermography Training Course is tailored for current Level I and Level I Electrical Thermographers seeking advanced infrared training. This course concentrates on enhancing thermography skills for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance, particularly emphasizing both indoor and outdoor electrical applications. Attendees who complete all training course requirements will receive an ITC Level II Infrared Thermography Certification.
Training Course Benefits
- Deepen your understanding of radiometric principles like emissivity and reflectivity to enhance temperature measurement skills.
- Learn to accurately collect data and measure temperatures, compensating for factors such as emissivity, reflected temperature, and other important parameters.
- Develop an enhanced understanding of Heat Transfer theory to interpret thermal anomalies in various applications and conditions effectively.
- Avoid common mistakes by learning to distinguish between actual hot spots and reflections, as well as between direct and indirect readings and qualitative versus quantitative thermography.
- Explore the use and implementation of infrared windows, their placement and installation, and methods to compensate for transmission loss using cameras and software.
- Review severity criteria for conducting electrical inspections.
- Go over safety considerations crucial for performing electrical inspections.
- Challenge your skills with lab exercises that simulate real-world infrared applications.
- Discuss thermal imaging applications for inspecting and diagnosing indoor and outdoor electrical equipment, including:
- Approaching a facility inspection: where to start and what to look for.
- Tools and techniques for data acquisition and structuring surveys.
- Application of thermal imaging in inspecting various electrical equipment such as switchgear, MCCs, breakers, transformers, bus ducts, conductors, cables, motors, bearings, solar panels, outdoor utilities, and more.
Required Course Materials:
- IR Camera- Students will be required to complete various labs & exercises throughout the duration of the course. You may also rent one. Learn more
- Laptop- Examinations will be administered electronically. Tablets are also acceptable.
- IR Reporting Software- Please have the software installed. The software can be used to assist with many of the camera lab exercises.
A registration fee of $2,200 USD includes course instruction, course materials, and certification. Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local ITC course agent.
Certification Courses are developed in accordance with CP-105 and SNT-TC-1A guidelines published by ASNT (American Society of Nondestructive Testing). ASNT is a globally recognized developer of qualification and certification standards for NDT personnel.
- Students who complete all training course requirements receive a Level II Infrared Thermography Certification.
- This course is eligible for 16 NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs)
Next Class Date:
Day 1: 8AM – 5PM
Day 2: 8AM – 5PM
Day 3: 8AM – 5PM
Day 4: 8AM – 5PM
Contact Us For More Information