Eddyfi Ectane 2
The Ectane 2 Eddy Current Flaw Detector from Eddyfi is a versatile multi-technology instrument for non-destructive testing of tubing and surfaces.
Field testing relies on a number of techniques and equipment to perform a thorough inspection, but with the Ectane 2’s built-in capabilities, inspectors can use a single instrument to perform tests using a combination of technologies including:
- Eddy current testing (ECT)
- Eddy current array (ECA)
- Remote-field testing (RFT)
- Near-field testing (NFT)
- Magnetic flux leakage (MFL)
- Internal rotating inspection system (IRIS) ultrasonic testing
This unit provides lightweight portability and is battery-powered, providing you with 8 hours of field use. The Ectane 2 is designed to plug into your network and simply work, eliminating the need for BootP which can be difficult to use.
The improved CPU board offers ultrafast probe nulling and real-time processing, regardless of the technology used. With an improved maximum ECT frequency of 10MHz, you get greater flexibility and better performance in a variety of tubing and surface applications.
The Ectane 2 Eddy Current Flaw Detector features a powerful motor drive that is capable of driving motorized RPC probes, useful for finding longitudinal and circumferential cracks. The unit can also drive partial saturation ECT probes and magnetic bias ECT probes using the onboard current source programmable control.
Whatever the technology or application, the Eddyfi Ectane 2 delivers significant results and reduces equipment needed in the field.
- Patented Thru-Coat™ technology measures and displays the thickness of the metal part and its coating using a ‘single back wall echo’.
- The temperature Compensation feature adjusts the material velocity for changes in material temperature.
- Optional Oxide/Scale feature measures and displays the thickness of the steel and the oxide/scale build-up.
- Average/Min mode saves the average or minimum of several successive thickness measurements.
- A-scan display is brighter with better contrast and visibility.
- Uses a vast selection of dual element and single element contact, delay line, and immersion transducers.
- EMAT transducers for no-couplant steel thickness measurements through heavily scaled surfaces.
- The file-based alphanumeric datalogger can use longer file names (32 character max) and ID numbers (20 character max).
- Every thickness reading in a stored B-scan can now be reviewed in the GageView Interface Program and on the gage.
- Select to view (Min/Max, Alarm, or A-scan flags) flags for Grid points.
- Grid files can be expanded by adding rows or columns or by changing the incrementing direction.